Thursday, June 9, 2011

Back from school means back to blogging!

So I finished my first year away at school! It was tough at times and it took me ages to finally feel at home there. Trust me when I say I went kicking and screaming for the first month.

And for my second semester what class did I take? Theater 115: Stagecraft I. It was a two part course on lighting, and, drum roll please...costume design and construction!!! You can bet that I took this class as an opportunity to polish up my sewing skills and learn new techniques. My two main projects were 18th century based (surprise surprise :p). I'll post more on those later.

Overall the year was a great success both academically and in terms of maturing into the adult that I'll one day present to the world.

I just wanted to give a quick update to let you all know that I haven't given up on this blog (or the stays). I'll be having some major surgery soon which will leave me with more free time than I'll know what to do with. So what better way to spend that time than to continue my historical research, work on my sewing and post on my blog for all of you wonderful people surfing the interwebs? My next post will be about my two projects from my stagecraft class.

Until next time!

No comments: